Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It was a birthday party kind of weekend!

We had 5 birthday parties to attend this past weekend - 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.  We only made it to 4 of them but I am still tired from the weekend and it's Tuesday!

First up on Saturday was Owen's 4th birthday party.  We had to take some serious back roads to avoid The Woodlands Ironman traffic/road closures and we were a little late.  But we made it and had a fun time playing at one of our favorite parks. 


G was showing me something on his hand I just can't remember what it was!
Little Jack Jack, Owen's little brother.

G had a blast swinging like a really big boy.  He would only let me push him on his back.  He is just slightly opinionated!  Oh and the boys have recently gotten their hair cut - very very cute!


 Ninja turtle with an Oreo face!

Lots of smiles while swinging!



This was right before we left.  Poor Owen had just cut his foot and wasn't a huge fan of having his picture taken!  Oh 4 year old little boys - they sure are fun!!!

After Owen's party we headed home for lunch.  G and Aunt April took a nap while Wyatt and I went to Blake's birthday party!  For some strange reason I left my camera in the car but took 2 pictures on my phone.  I am very irritated with myself for not having my camera because Blake was too cute when it came time to sing happy birthday to him - see below!!
He played his guitar while we sang to him!  It was SOOO cute!  He is just too adorable for words.

How cute is this pinata! 


Upon leaving Blake's party, Wyatt and I went home to regroup and wake up Garrett AND April!  Next on our party circuit was the Skinner birthday bash.  Kody (the littlest Skinner) was celebrating his 1st birthday while his big brother Kyle celebrated his 3.5 birthday.  Sounds weird but Kyle's birthday is the day after Christmas so they celebrated both boys' birthdays today!  This party was super duper fun.  First of all they had one of these.....
and then they had one of these..... 
A bubble machine!!!!  It was way way way too fun!  The Hoffart boys LOVED it!

Kyle had a blast in the bubbles also!

Wyatt practiced his baseball slides!

 And of course G had a blast in the bubbles - who wouldn't?!



G also enjoyed the snack table, specifically the tootsie roll pops!  I think he opened and licked on about 4 of them : )  Awesome!

Not to my surprise but Wyatt found a worm and showed it to Kendall and several other kiddos.  Lovely!


Kendall, G and Kyle!  Love these kiddos!!

2 crazy kids!!! 

This guy...what a mess!


Birthday boy Kody!!!

And the Skinner daddy getting in on the fun : )  Boys will be boys at all ages!

The Skinner party was loads of fun and I had 2 tired little boys that were ready for baths and bed by the time we got home.

Sunday morning we made our way to church however we got called out of Sunday School because poor Wy was having some tummy issues : (  We decided that we needed to keep him home for party #4 which was a little boy in his class at school.  He was really excited about Oliver's party and I hated telling him we would be missing it.  Sad!  After lunch both boys took a wonderful nap so Jacob and I were able to head next door for party #5 - Payton's first birthday party/crawfish boil. 

The boys joined us when they woke up from their naps - rested and ready to play with their buddy Tyler.

Silly boys! 

What a weekend of birthday parties!  I am still trying to recover and very thankful for a 3 day weekend coming up!  Oh and also only 12 more days of school!!!  Woo-hoo!!!  So ready for summer!

No comments: