Tuesday, September 11, 2012

1st day of school

Since we have officially moved into our house (WHOOOOOP!!!) and I am no longer commuting from CS, we are finally able to start the boys at their new school!  They will be going to school Tuesdays and Thursdays and today was their first day.  Wyatt was beyond excited!  G had no idea what was going on until his teacher pried him away from me.  Poor buddy!  Our day started off nice and early....as the sun was coming up!  I woke both of the boys up, got them dressed and we were out the door.  I even had enough time to take a few pictures before we were off to school.  Even though a certain 3 year old told me to stop taking pictures because we needed to leave.  Excited I tell you!

The horse needed to be in the pictures but we had a big discussion about the horse not going to school.  He told me that his school had plenty other toys.  True!

Now this guy was not all that excited to be woken up.  The pacifier rode in the car with us but did NOT go inside of school! 
This is what happened when I took the pacifier out for a picture. 

Again, since I was told to stop taking pictures, we loaded up!  Bright eyed and really excited to go to school.
 Now there is a nice smile Mr. G....guess he has to be the one to take the pacifier out on his own terms. 

Jacob got off work this morning and met us at school for drop off.  We decided to take Wy first and then deal with G.  To say Wyatt hit the ground running is an understatement.  He walked right in, spoke to his teacher and then immediately started playing with some toys.  I did start tearing up, not because I was sad that he took to school so easily but because this is a HUGE milestone for my boys.  And I am a wimp and cry at the drop of a hat!  I did manage to get him to come give us a kiss before we walked out and a brief picture!
 So grown up!
G on the other hand, did not take to his classroom and teacher so easily.  There were lots of tears and screaming but as soon as the door closed and mom and dad were in the hallway, he stopped crying pretty quickly.  I am sure he had some sad moments throughout the day and I can't wait to go pick them up and hear all about it!  So since both G and I were in tears, no pictures were taken of that part of the drop off.

All in all, I would say it was a successful morning.  I am just hoping and praying the rest of the day went as smoothly!

No comments: